Anyone that travels understands that 9 hours in a car or truck is a LONG time. Route 70 from the eastern part of Colorado to Kansas City, MO is, well, boring. To amuse myself, I came up with a list of musings:
- This is a LONG, boring trip.
- A certain “funk” happens even if you shower.
- Rain makes me need to pee.
- Sirius radio is WELL worth the cost.
- I need to brush my teeth like after about an hour.
- I forgot how many ’70’s songs I know every word to.
- I sing every song whether I know the words or not!
- My husband is forced to answer a myriad of questions that bombard him all at the same time. (He also forced me to put this one in my list.)
- There are some seriously BAD drivers with death wishes on the highway.
- I’m sure we have blood clots in our legs.
- Gas stations off the highway really NEED to advertise they sell diesel fuel AND can fit semi trucks. Sheesh already.
- Steeples off in the distance are peaceful.
- Truck stops are not scary. Well, 95% of them are not.
- Dashboard dining is very messy.
- Texting while driving is a SERIOUS PROBLEM.
- We need our eyes checks. Damn signs are too small.
- I yell out loud at every Starbucks and Waffle House I see.
- What the hell is THAT smell?
- No place I’d rather be.
- My country is beautiful.
Getting from point A to point B can be tedious but can also be a fun adventure. That is if you can locate THAT smell.